Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Last Weekend in New York

As mentioned before, I have the coolest dad ever. And he was awesome enough to stay in NY for my last weekend! We had a blast!

Friday night:



Delish pepperoni pizza and cheeses with condiments like apricots in mustard oil, brandied cherries and honey with black truffle (YUM) at Otto Pizzeria, none other than Iron Chef Mario Batali's restaurant.



After dinner stroll through Washington Square Park and down some charming streets in the village



Fabulous rice pudding from Rice to Riches (I had double milk chocolate with carmel sauce, Dad had rocky road with whipped cream.

Saturday:



Oh. My. Gosh. Everyone should eat the quiche Lorraine from Bouchon Bakery in Columbus Circle. It was SO GOOD. We polished off a slice each at the bakery's charming cafe in the Time Warner Center. The quiche was very appropriately featured on Food Network's Best Thing I Ever Ate. Like heaven on a plate.
Afternoon temple session at the Manhattan Temple! So unique and gorgeous.





Addams Family musical. Seriously so so funny. Nathan Lane stars as Gomez with Bebe Neuwirth as Mortitia. (I finally saw a celeb in NY! haha) After the show we hung around the stage door for autographs (something everyone should do at least once when they go to a show). It was madness, but we were in the front and got almost everybody!


Finished off the night with an almost midnight dinner at Junior's. This place is fabulous and right in the heart of the theatre district. Excellent diner-ish food and the best cheesecake EVER. We had the chocolate mousse cheesecake.

I still can't believe how well things worked out to be able to live with my Dad for the time I spent in New York. We had so much fun just hanging out and exploring. I feel so lucky to have been able to have such special time just the two of us:). Love you Dad!

P.S. Yes, I will be hitting the gym this week haha

No comments:

Post a Comment