Friday, January 21, 2011

Online Obsessions

I've been meaning to write this post for awhile so here goes.

I have two new online obsessions. One I've been using for a couple of months and one for a couple of weeks.

1) SpringPad: SpringPad is pretty much a way to bookmark sites easily. I have all kinds of bookmark categories and they read like lists so it's easy to find things that I have saved.

2) Pinterest.com: This website is SO cool. It is a "social catalogue service." On Pinterest you create as many Pinboards as you want with whatever categories you want. I have boards for recipes, places I want to visit, home ideas, project ideas, style inspiration, etc. To pin things you just use a little bookmarklet that you install on your bookmark bar.
Picture a newsfeed all made up of pictures of beautiful things (rooms, clothes, quotes, places). That's what it is! It's just a place to share and grab what you love. Very addictive and a great way to link to new blogs, product sites and find things you might be looking for. If you like something on the board you can repin it to one of your boards. You can also follow other people's boards and they can follow yours. Pretty much, never be bored online again. This is how I spend my time these days haha.
Right now Pinterest is invitation only. I think I have a few to give out as a member and you can also request an invitation on the site. It took me a couple of days to hear back with an invite.

There you have it. Now get Springing and Pinning!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Ashley,

    Please invite me to your very awesome sounding pin board site thing.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ash! Would you mind inviting me to Pinterest? I would LOVE to jump on that bandwagon!

    ReplyDelete